Fuel prices to be revised today
The special committee on fuel prices will convene this morning to revise domestic fuel prices, based on the Cabinet approved monthly pricing formula.
The Ministry of Finance said the revised fuel prices according to the monthly fuel pricing formula, is expected to be announced later today.
The fuel pricing formula which was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers comes into effect on the 10th of every month.
However, according to the spokesperson from the Finance Ministry, the crude oil prices have been continuously on the rise since February 01st.
On February 11th, the committee had increased the fuel prices in line with the fuel pricing formula. The prices of one litre of Petrol Octane 92 and the Auto Diesel were increased by Rs 6 and Rs 4 respectively.
A litre of Super Diesel was increased by eight rupees during the previous revision. A litre of 92-Octane petrol is currently sold at 129 rupees while a litre of 95-Octane petrol is being sold at 152 rupees. A litre of Auto Diesel is being sold at 103 rupees while a litre of Super Diesel is being sold at 126 rupees.
Subsequently, Lanka IOC also increased the fuel prices in line with the price hike announced by the government.
The price of a WTI crude oil barrel in the global market is being sold at 56.16 US dollars at present.
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023