Galle Face Attack case: Overseas travel ban on SDIG Deshabandu Tennakoon lifted
The overseas travel ban imposed on Western Province Senior DIG Deshabandu Tennakoon in connection with last year’s incident at the Galle Face Green, was lifted today (July 07).
The order was delivered by the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court.
The court had earlier issued an order preventing Senior DIG Tennakoon from leaving the country following the mob attack that took place at Temple Trees and Galle Face on May 9, 2022.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023