Garment employees excluded from Pension Scheme
Government today decided to exempt the employees working in the country’s Free Trade Zones from the proposed Private Sector Pension Scheme.
The Minister of Labour and Labour Relations Gamini Lokuge said that employees in the garment sector and the affiliated industry will not be included into this proposed Private Sector Pension Scheme.
The government has already proposed a Pension Scheme for private sector employees and the Public Enterprises.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023