Gazette declaring Basil Rajapaksa a MP issued
The Extra-Ordinary gazette notification declaring Basil Rajapaksa a Member of Parliament has been issued by the Election Commission today (07).
Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) nominated him and sent his name to the elections commission to replace the vacant seat after the resignation of MP Jayantha Ketagoda yesterday.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023