Gazette notification regarding price control for rice issued
The government has decided to set maximum retail prices for several varieties of rice.
Gazette notification issued short while ago announcing maximum retail prices of rice.
However, these prices will only be applicable for producers and millers, the Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) pointed out.
Accordingly, the following are the new Maximum Retail Prices set by the authorities:
Samba – Rs 94 per 1 kg
Raw Samba – Rs 94 per 1 kg
Nadu – Rs 92 per 1 kg
Raw rice – Rs 89 per 1 kg
The new prices will be in effect from midnight today (04), Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023