Jayantha Ketagoda delays resignation
Posted in Local News
In spite of widespread speculation that SLPP National List MP Jayantha Ketagoda was to resign this week to make room for SLPP National Organiser Basil Rajapaksa to enter Parliament, the move has been delayed.
Both Ketagoda and sources close to Rajapaksa were tight-lipped about the reason for the delay.
With the 20th Amendment to the Constitution now operational, Rajapaksa who is a dual citizen will have no obstacle in entering Parliament.
Under the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, dual citizens were barred from being MPs.
(Source: Daily FT)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
Oh you cheeky basted with that cheeky smile.
Negotiations still ongoing on the compensation?