Gazette on essential item prices this afternoon
State Minister of Co-operative Services, Marketing Development and Consumer Protection Lasantha Alagiyawanna says a special Gazette Notification will be issued this afternoon pertaining to the revised prices of essential commodities after the control price was lifted.
Speaking during a media briefing this morning, State Minister Alagiyawanna said the final decision will be reached after holding discussions with respective importers today.
The government reached the decision to lift control prices imposed on cement, LP-gas, wheat flour and milk powder last evening.
The State Minister said bakery owners have agreed not to increase prices of bakery products if the price of a kilogram of wheat flour increases by Rs.10 or less.
He said the government is allowing the increase in prices in order to counter shortages in the market and to ensure that consumers are not inconvenienced.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023