Gazette on essential item prices this afternoon
State Minister of Co-operative Services, Marketing Development and Consumer Protection Lasantha Alagiyawanna says a special Gazette Notification will be issued this afternoon pertaining to the revised prices of essential commodities after the control price was lifted.
Speaking during a media briefing this morning, State Minister Alagiyawanna said the final decision will be reached after holding discussions with respective importers today.
The government reached the decision to lift control prices imposed on cement, LP-gas, wheat flour and milk powder last evening.
The State Minister said bakery owners have agreed not to increase prices of bakery products if the price of a kilogram of wheat flour increases by Rs.10 or less.
He said the government is allowing the increase in prices in order to counter shortages in the market and to ensure that consumers are not inconvenienced.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023