General Kamal Gunaratne re-appointed as Defence Secretary
General Kamal Gunaratne has been reappointed as the Secretary to the Ministry of Defence by President Ranil Wickremesinghe.
Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe, exercising the powers vested on him, has appointed new Secretaries to several Ministries effective from today (July 22).
General Kamal Gunaratne who is a highly decorated veteran of the Sri Lanka Army has commanded the victorious 53 division during the final stage of the humanitarian operation.
He is also a renowned author of several books including Sri Lankan war history.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023