GMOA launches islandwide strike
Posted in Local News
The Government Medical Officers Association (GMOA) launched an islandwide strike today at 8 a.m.
The strike is against using water cannons at the Inter University Students Federation (IUSF) anti-SAITM protestors who staged a demonstration at the Health Ministry yesterday.
GMOA Secretary Nalinda Herath said that the decision to further carryout the strike will be determined at the central committee meeting which will be held at noon today.
Till then the strike will continue untill further notice.
Furthermore Nalinda Herath said that the Children’s Hospital, Maternity Hospital and the Cancer Hospital are exempted from the strike.
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023