Gnanasara Thera further remanded
Posted in Local News
Bodu Bala Sena (BBS) General Secretary Ven. Galagodaaththe Gnanasara Thera was further remanded by Homagama Magistrate Ranga Dassanayake till February 23 for allegedly threatening Pradeep Eknaligoda’s wife Sandhaya Eknaligoda.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
If one were to follow historical development then a few months in jail is preferable to be run down by a bus, fall off a precipice or get caught to a stray bullet or succumb to a surgeons scalpel. Further Nelson spent about a third of his life in prison while his members of ANC fought apartheid oppression.
The circumstances that led to Ven Gnanasara be charged can be considered trivial in that once one enter court any physical movement within is considered contempt at the disretion of the judge or the magistrate and can never be challenged for the judge or the magistrate is never wrong.