Russia, Lanka discuss issues of Trade – economic cooperation
Russia and Sri Lanka has held the first meeting of the Intergovernmental Commission on Trade-Economic and Scientific-Technical Cooperation, the ANI reported.
Russia and Sri Lanka has also discussed ways to increase bilateral cooperation at the intergovernmental commission meeting.
The Russian delegation was headed by Deputy Minister of Agriculture of the Russian Federation -Head of the Federal Agency for Fisheries, the Chairman of the Russian part of the Commission Ilya Shestakov while the Sri Lankan delegation was headed by the Deputy Industry and Trade Minister and Chairman of the Commission T.M.K.B. Tennakoon.
During the meeting, the two sides noted the positive dynamics of trade and economic cooperation between Russia and Sri Lanka and stressed the interest in increasing mutual trade turnover in the coming years. In particular, the parties discussed issues of cooperation in such priority areas as agriculture, including deliveries of Russian grain to the Sri Lankan market, the tea trade, fisheries, energy, telecommunications, tourism, chemical production, delivery of Russian civil helicopter and aircraft to Sri Lanka. (ANI)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President says 42 new laws enacted for economic transformation, 62 laws due for enactment March 5, 2024
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from March 05, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Electricity tariff to be reduced by 21.9% from midnight today March 4, 2024
- Court extends enjoining order safeguarding Sarath Fonseka’s positions in SJB until March 19, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Two former Sri Lankan police officers sentenced to death over custodial death March 4, 2024