Good news from child brings death to father
A father on hearing that his little daughter had fared extremely well at Sunday’s Grade Five Scholarship examination died of a heart attack, unable to bear the joy the good news brought.
Chaminda Sriyalal (39), employed as a security guard in a private establishment at Borella, telephoned his home at Pitigala, Indipalgoda in Elpitiya to find out how the daughter had performed at the exam. The daughter herself told him she would pass the test with flying colours and would bring honour to her school.
Then, the phone went dead, causing the child to wonder what had happened.
A little while later a call came from Sriyala’s workplace, asking his wife to come to the national hospital immediately.
When his family members rushed there, they found Sriyalal dead.
Courtesy: The Island
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023