Gota not in 1st quarter list ending March 31
The name of former Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa is not among the list of names released by the US Government of those who have abandoned US citizenship during the first quarter of 2019 ending March 31.
The list appears on the Federal Register website as a notice dated May 13, 2019, by the internal revenue service. It states: “This listing contains the name of each individual losing United States citizenship (within the meaning of section 877(a) or 877A), whom the Secretary received information during the quarter ending March 31, 2019.”
In the meantime, former Chief Justice Asoka De Silva filing a declaration in the US District Court for the Central District of California states that Gotabhaya Rajapaksa filed papers at the US Embassy in Colombo to renounce his American citizenship on April 17, 2019. The list of persons who had abandoned US citizenship in the second quarter will be released shortly.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
This news report is incorrect.
GR submitted his renunciation of US Citizenship in the US Embassy in Colombo 0n 17th April 2019.
This date happens to be in the 2nd quarter of 2019.
Renunciations that are accepted by the US Govt in the 2nd quarter of 2019 will be published mid or late July 2019.
The news report above is FALSE NEWS,