Gotabaya’s FR petition to be taken up today
The former Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa filed a fundamental rights application against the Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) challenging the legality of its establishment on Monday (11). In addition, Rajapaksa requested than an interim injunction be issued against the FCID taking him into their custody.
This application is to be taken up before a three -judge bench of the Supreme Court, today (13). Justices Eva Wanasundera, Buwaneka Aluvihare and Sarath Abrew will hear the petition, reliable sources disclosed to Ceylon Today Online.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023