Government accused of suppressing media
Leader of the Opposition Sajith Premadasa charges the government of attempting to suppress media by imposing restrictions on social media.
Issuing a statement, MP Premadasa said media requires a self-censorship and not the influence of another force.
The Opposition Leader said his faction remains committed to unconditionally stand for media freedom and the Right to Information.
MP added the opposition remains committed towards protecting freedom of all media platforms.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023