Government accused of suppressing media
Posted in Local News
Leader of the Opposition Sajith Premadasa charges the government of attempting to suppress media by imposing restrictions on social media.
Issuing a statement, MP Premadasa said media requires a self-censorship and not the influence of another force.
The Opposition Leader said his faction remains committed to unconditionally stand for media freedom and the Right to Information.
MP added the opposition remains committed towards protecting freedom of all media platforms.
(Source: News Radio)
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023