Government declares 3-day special holiday till Thursday
Posted in Local News
The government announced a three-day holiday period upto Thursday, March 19 excluding essential services involving health, transport, food supplies, banks and district secretariats.
It said this special holiday declared as a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19 will apply to all state institutions, departments and corporations.
The government had requested the private sector to also grant the three-day holiday.
The decision on any extension to this 3-day holiday will be taken after a close study over the spread of COVID-19 virus.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
So, what happens after the holidays?
People will start moving again after holidays and the Coronavirus will escalate even more rapidly !!!!
Please ask population to assess their own risk status (whether they have ‘Una’) and self-isolate.
Workplaces should support genuine self-isolation.
Now this is a brilliant idea. A country where 95% over employed it want make any difference. The government should extend this holiday indefinitely. The economy will be better on the saving of electricity for air conditions in offices and fuel on public transport and the pollution and the lost goes on.