Government has to accept peoples’ demands – Maithripala
Accept the demands of the people, all Government leaders should step down and allow the people to elect a new Government, Former President Maithripala Sirisena said addressing the May Day rally of Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) in Polonnaruwa yesterday (May 01).
The SLFP May Day procession was held from Polonnaruwa Pola Junction to Hospital Junction and held a meeting there.
Sirisena said the people are demanding a new Government and steps should be taken to ensure this.
He also said immediate steps should be taken to alleviate the difficulties faced by the people.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023