Government nod to obtain 450,000 barrels of crude oil from Cyprus
The government has approved the plan to obtain crude oil for the Sapugaskanda Oil Refinery by July 2022 from Terra Nevis Group in Cyprus.
The decision was announced today at the weekly cabinet meeting at the information department.
An uninvited proposal has been made by the Terra Nevis Group in Cyprus to supply the crude oil required for the refinery.
The proposal made to supply crude oil under the 180 day loan scheme has been evaluated by the cabinet appointed Special Standing Procurement Committee and it is recommended to supply a 450,000 barrel shipment basically.
Accordingly, the Cabinet of Ministers approved to procure crude oil in accordance with that recommendation.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023