Government says no LTTE Commemorative events
The Government said it will not allow LTTE commemorative events to be held in the Northern Province.
Minister Kabir Hashim said anning any the government will hold the Armed Forces Day on the 19th of this month.
Meanwhile,Mullaitivu Magistrate issued a stay order banning any LTTE commemorative events up to 14 days from May 18 in Mullaitivu Police Area.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023