Victory Day celebrations today at Vihara Maha Devi under former President’s patronage
The annual Victory Day celebrations will be held at the Vihara Maha Devi Open Air Theatre Colombo today.
The ceremony ‘Viruvan Dina Dun Mavubima Rekagamu’ (Protect the Motherland Liberated by Heroes) would be held under the patronage of former President Mahinda Rajapaksa, organisers said.
It is expected to be attended by a large number of political and civil society leaders, maha sangha and artistes.
The even has been organised by the Dinudehshya Surakeeme Jathika Vyaparaya (National Movement to Safeguard Motherland).
Media coordinator of the event Galle District MP Manusha Nanayakkara said yesterday evening: “We have invited our members to come in their thousands to light oil lamps in memory of fallen heroes. Today, there are some efforts to undermine the service rendered by our valiant troops in liberating the motherland from terrorism. We never forget their supreme sacrifice for the motherland. We have invited former President Rajapaksa to attend this event because he is the most suitable person to grace such an occasion,”.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Well, there we go. The population has been given an opportunity to celebrate the victory over Tamil Terrorists. The current Yahapalanaya had denied this opportunity and are celebrating racial unity in Matara.
Me, I will be in the front-line in Vihara Mahadevi Park; I am proud of the achievements of the Forces in eradicating the 30 year menace. It is time also to remember to Sinhala Buddhist brothers and sisters who gave their lives to win peace for those left behind by them.
Mr Mahinda is great Sri Lanka hero who saved our lives from Tamil Terrorists. Stupid yahapalana can rule country this way as Mr Mahinda Rajapasha saved our motherland from terrorism.