Government to declare State of Emergency for 10 days
Posted in Local News
A decision was reached during the Cabinet Meeting held today to declare a State of Emergency in the country for a period of 10 days, Minister S.B. Dissanayake said.
The relevant Gazette notification will be issued shortly, he said while speaking to reporters following a special Cabinet discussion held at the Presidential Secretariat in Colombo.
He stated that in the wake of the unrest in the Teldeniya area yesterday, the government has been accused of implementing the law and therefore President Maithripala Sirisena decided to declare a state of emergency.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
The przi appears to be suffering from male menopause !
The Sinhala Buddhists of Sri Lanka are the same as Bogyoke (Major General) Aung San of Myanmar.
In SL, there has been systematic planned ethnic cleansing over 70 years tageting the tamil speaking and muslim communties.
In Burma, Nobel Laureate, Aung San, commence cleansing Myanmar of Rohingya two years ago and more than 700,000 Rohingyas are now in Bangladesh.
The Buddhists have veins of blood thirstiness; they are a uncultured people.
State of Emergency is one tool in the bag of the dictators and the public rejects who want to hang on to power
This is not a religion fight. Who labeled this as religious fight?
Politicos killing the country and its image.
When one got killed by 4 others who assaulted him, police would have properly probed. Not waiting till the funeral day. Politicos fuel to this and created havoc in the community.
They used this as an ideal situation to deviate their inability in governing. They somehow managed to buy time from parliament and from other matters as well.
Now the black label is on the country.
Politicos who don’t got their seat by people’s vote governing.
SB, SF all these buggers are condemned and defeated by the people in elections.
Idiots such as MS, RW using all in-cable buggers to govern.
Which is dubbed as YAHAPALANAYA.
What a nonsense.