Govt. plans to build three state-of-the-art hospitals
Government plans to build three hospitals similar to the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
Speaking at an event at the BMICH Minister of Health and Indigenous Medicine Rajitha Senaratne, who has just recovered from a heart surgery at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore, said the government hopes to acquire financial assistance from Russia, Australia and Germany to build the three large scale hospitals.
Minister Senaratne said the government plans to obtain the assistance of Teamsek Foundation in Singapore to train the staff for the three hospitals and further develop the healthcare services in the country.
The 345-bed Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore has been serving Asia Pacific for over 30 years as a leading medical hub treating patients from all over the region.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy promotes 1,877 personnel on its 73rd anniversary December 9, 2023