Hambantota Mayor arrested
Hambantota Mayor Eraj Fernando arrested for allegedly attempting to assault a suspect in police custody in March, 2014, Police spokesman told media.
Fernando has been arrested regarding an incident that took place in Ambalantota Police Station, in March 2014. He had attempted to assault and kidnap a suspect in police custody.
Mayor Eraj Fernando will be produced before the Hambantota Magistrate, today.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023