Hambantota Mayor Eraj Fernando sentenced to prison
Hambantota Mayor Eraj Fernando was sentenced to five-year imprisonment by the Hambantota High Court today.
He was sentenced over the case filed against him for threatening several UNP Parliamentarians with a pistol during their visit to the Hambantota Harbour on April 17, 2014.
Eraj Ravindra Fernando was re-elected as the Mayor of the Hambantota Municipal Council in 2018.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023