‘Price formula for milk and flour in future’
State Minister Buddhika Pathirana says a price formula will be introduced for milk powder and wheat flour in future.
Speaking at a media briefing at the Temple Trees yesterday the State Minister said the formulas will be simple for the public to understand.
He claimed that there was a culture where the price of wheat flour and milk powder was increased arbitrarily according to the requirement of various Ministers.
The State Minister noted that with the introduction of a price formula, when prices reduce in the world market, the price of wheat flour and milk powder will reduce in Sri Lanka as well.
He added that the price formula will be discussed further, in future.
State Minister Pathirana stated that everyone was initially sceptic about the fuel pricing formula while reiterating that the price formula for milk powder and wheat flour will be simple.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
People should introduce a formula to minister posts as well.
During next election people will get that formula on all.
Is this formula similar to Mangala’s secret fuel price formula?
You guys in the UNP, are you liberal economists who believe in market forces?
Are you trying to enforce Sirimavo/NM Perera controls on the economy?
Buddhika, you and your boss, Sajith, will be shown a wide open door at the next prezzy elections.