Hand over weapons or be detained
The deadline to hand over all illegal weapons or face being detained by the Army warns Eastern Province Army Commander Maj. General Boniface Perera.
“We have given time to surrender the illegal weapons and now we will be detaining the weapons, if found,” Maj. Gen. Perera said.
According to him the Army will search homes and areas in the East to find for the illegal weapons in the area.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023