Head of elephant found in Kirindi Oya
The head of a wild elephant which had separated from its trunk was found in Kirindi Oya, Sri Lanka by local residents.
The skull and one ear of the head were cut off. Local residents suspect that this elephant was shot and killed in another place and cut into pieces and thrown into Kirindi Oya.
So far, only the head of the wild elephant has been found and the officials of Wellawaya Wildlife Office are conducting investigations to find the rest of the body of the wild elephant.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023