Health, electricity and petroleum gazetted as essential services in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka has declared several services as essential services via an extraordinary gazette.
Accordingly, the following services have been declared as essential services:
- All services connected to the supply of electricity.
- The supply or distribution of petroleum products and fuel.
- All service, work or labour, of any description whatsoever, necessary or required to be done in connection with the maintenance, and the reception, care feeding, and treatment, of patients in hospitals, nursing homes, dispensaries, and other similar institutions.
Acting Presidential Secretary Chandanie Wijayawardhana made the announcement on September 17, on the directives of President Ranil Wickremesinghe.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023