Health staff lack facilities – Tilvin
The JVP says health staff, committed to mitigating the spread of the coronavirus, are compelled to withdraw from services due to poor health facilities in performing their duties.
JVP Chief Secretary Tilvin Silva speaking to media yesterday said the government has failed to intervene and mitigate the coronavirus.
He charged that through the formation of Task Forces, the government is merely engaging in politics.
Silva said the government has failed to provide the required equipment and medicine in a streamlined manner and has also failed to scientifically make decisions.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023