Heavy damages to National Highway Network
The damages to the national highway network alone specially in the North Central, Eastern, and Central provinces due to floods amounts to Rs.250 million approx. said Deputy Minister of Ports and Highways Nirmala Kothalawala. The worst affected are the roads in the Eastern Province, he said.
The Highways in the Central Province were seriously affected due to landslides. In the Eastern and North Central Provinces great number of roads were submerged by recent floods thereby causing serious damages to culverts and bridges.
The Ministry of Ports and Highways has already commenced repairs to damaged roads, the Deputy Minister added.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- UN rights chief raises concerns over Sri Lanka’s proposed laws March 3, 2024
- Sri Lanka seeks five-month hold on bondholder suit March 3, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) makes thumping Rs. 61.2 billion profits last year March 3, 2024
- Dr. Saman Ratnayake remanded until March 14, 2024 March 2, 2024
- Sri Lanka Air Force celebrates 73rd anniversary March 2, 2024