Heavy rain continues
Under the influence of the cyclonic storm ‘Nilam’, South-western parts of the island ( Western, Central, Sabaragamuwa and Southern provinces) are receiving heavy rainfalls and it is likely to continue for next 09 hours, the Met Department said.
It said that strong winds are also likely at times in these areas. However, it said that the cyclonic storm “Nilam” is moving away from the island and there is no direct effect to the weather over the island.
But as the strong winds which are feeding into the system and active rain bearing cloud presence in the sea area, the winds can be strengthen occasionally (up to 60 km/h ) over island and surrounding sea areas until the system weaken.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- U.S. Deputy Secretary of State commends Sri Lanka’s economic efforts February 23, 2024
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024