Hemasiri Fernando & Pujith Jayasundara hospitalised
Former Secretary of Defence Hemasiri Fernando who was ordered to appear before the Criminal Investigations Department today to give a statement over the Easter Sunday attacks, has been admitted to the Cardiology Unit at the Colombo National Hospital.
Sources said that Mr. Fernando had reportedly informed the CID that he would appear before the CID next Monday.
Pujith Jayasundara too hospitalised
IGP Pujith Jayasundara who was also asked to appear before the CID this morning to give a statement over the Easter Sunday’s attacks, has been admitted to the Police Hospital, Narahenpita a short while ago, sources said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023