Hemasiri Fernando arrested
Posted in Local News
A team of CID officers have arrested former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fenando, who was receiving treatment at the General Hospital in Colombo, the police spokesman said.
He stated that Fernando was taken into custody by officers of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) at the hospital.
He was admitted to the ICU of the Cardiology Unit at the National Hospital this morning.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023