High Security Zones removed
Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe has issued an extraordinary gazette revoking the order issued declaring the High Security Zones.
Accordingly, High Security Zones will be revoked with effect from 01 October 2022.
On September 23, 2022 an Extraordinary Gazette notification was issued by the President of Sri Lanka declaring several areas in Colombo as High-Security Zones.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023