Holy Prophet’s teachings most relevant today – President
In keeping with tradition, the followers of Islam in Sri Lanka join their brethren in faith the world over to celebrate Milad-Un-Nabi, the birth of Holy Prophet Mohammed, states President Mahinda Rajapaksa in a Milad-Un-Nabi message.
The message adds: “The teachings of the Holy Prophet with emphasis on peace, harmony, tolerance and understanding are most relevant today in the context of the crisis that prevail in many parts of the world that endanger peace and progress among humankind. Islam can be a source that promotes non-violence, brotherhood and mutual understanding, rejecting the terrorism that is found in many countries and instead encouraging the noble values of humanity.
“Those who follow the teachings of the Holy Prophet Mohammed, in Sri Lanka, can make a significant contribution to building a nation rich in tolerance, understanding and reconciliation, which will strengthen the efforts to take the country on the forward march to progress.
“The peace that prevails in the country is enjoyed by the Muslims in all parts of the island, enabling them to celebrate this important event in the Islamic Calendar with joy. These celebrations would be most useful in helping to build unity among people to assist in the success of the development process in the country today.
“I wish all followers of Islam in Sri Lanka a happy Milad-Un-Nabi and share their prayers to strengthen the spirit of tolerance and understanding in our motherland and the world over.”
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
Do the teachings that are releveant today include Sharia law?
Sharia law is more relevant today with Hon Mahinda Rajapaksa’s confrontation with corruption at whatever level it exists.
Singapore’s reliance on the death penalty has helped in the elimination of the drug menace from its society.
Likewise death penalty will help in eliminating corruption and accumulation of wealth from growing societies like ours.
Strong law & order good for nation and its development. Sri Lanka become kingdom at present.
the title stated that ” Holy Prophet’s teachings most relevant today ”
Hon state leader, first of all please convey this message to your party members.
they are the most suitable members as we firmly hope.