House of First Lady’s brother robbed
Posted in Local News
The house belonging to Sri Lankan airline Chairman Nishantha Wickremesinghe, who is First Lady Shiranthi Rajapaksa’s brother, was robbed on Thursday night, police said.
They said the robbers had got away with cash and a valuable clock all totaling to more than eight million rupees. Police spokesman Ajith Rohana said a complaint had been lodged at the Mt. Lavinia Police Station on Friday morning.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023