I am committed to bring transformation required by the country – President
President Maithripala Sirisena says the people of Sri Lanka handed over the country to him on January 08, thus giving him the responsibility to bring in the required transformations for the country. “Whatever insults, slander and criticisms I have to face, I will fulfill that responsibility bestowed on me”, he said.
The President made these remarks at the opening ceremony of the newly built ‘Vahalkada’ at Sri Sankagiri Temple in Welimada yesterday (April 4).
President Sirisena pointed out that everybody including the Buddha and Mahathma Gandhi who endowed a great service to the world, faced with allegations and accusations.
“Our country today is faced with the common conditions faced by every developing country in the world. I am committed to bring about a higher living standard for the people of the country, by facing all those challenges”, he further stated.
A top priority will be given in creating a moral and disciplined society under the initiatives of the new government, the President said that adding to build a moral society, religious centres should be strengthened. The government intends to establish a special fund to develop the facilities at the temples located in rural areas, he said. The President also said the Government is also committed to develop other religious places too.
First, the President engaged in religious observances at the Welimada Sri Sankagiri temple and secured blessings. Subsequently, he met with the Chief incumbent of the temple, Ven Bibile Gunananda Thero and inquired into the well being of him and offered Ata Pirikara.
The Maha Sangha including Ven. Nuwaraeliye Chandrajothi Thero, Ven. Medawala Sugathasoma Thero, Minister Navin Dissanayake, State minister Ravindra Samaraweera, Governor of Uva Province, M. P. Jayasinghe, Chamara Sampath Dasanayaka and many others participated in the event.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
that the since comitted against the clergy
while the bhikkus continue to be arrainged
while the bigger criminals are
in the parliament
to continue to be robbed of their sweat
and ribbing the maids in te middle east of their har earned money
to support the importers to exploy their families further
the only path that is left open is the parth to perdition
Transformation required by country or the WEST? or the TN?
Some IDIOTS will listen to these type of BIG TALKS.