I feared Muttaih Muralitharan the most: Virender Sehwag
Former Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag was one of the most feared batsmen of his time. In his 14-year playing career, the Indian cricketer dominated all types of bowlers across all formats.
The batsman was best known for his swashbuckling, aggressive and fearless brand of cricket. Sehwag was popular for reaching batting milestones by hitting a six; he smashed Pakistan’s Saqlain Mushtaq for the maximum to bring up his maiden triple hundred in Multan in 2004.
Considering Sehwag’s batting style, it is inconceivable that he was ever put in a spot of bother by any blower. The former cricketer, however, has revealed that he feared the Sri Lanka’s magical bowler Muttiah Muralitharan the most as it was difficult to pick him.
“It was difficult playing him, both due to his bowling action and his length.” the 38-year-old said at the Hindustan Times Palate Fest.
It is worth noting that, even with all the issues, Sehwag struck 201 in 2008 and 293 in 2009 against Muralitharan and Sri Lanka.
The off-spinner is the most decorated bowler in Test cricket; he picked 800 wickets in 133 Tests.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023