I respect principles of JVP – Fonseka
United National Party (UNP) parliamentarian Field Marshall Sarath Fonseka says despite differences of political ideologies, he respects the principles of the Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna (JVP).
Speaking to the media, the MP said that he is unaware if there existed an agreement with other parties regarding the no-confidence motion.
Meanwhile, MP Prasanna Ranatunga stated that the Joint Opposition was in the decision to vote against the no-confidence motion from the beginning.
According to UNP Deputy Minister Nalin Bandara, there is an opportunity to topple the government through a presidential election in a few months.
Minister Vajira Abeywardena says that the government becomes stronger through no-confidence motions that are not based on facts.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023