I respect principles of JVP – Fonseka
United National Party (UNP) parliamentarian Field Marshall Sarath Fonseka says despite differences of political ideologies, he respects the principles of the Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna (JVP).
Speaking to the media, the MP said that he is unaware if there existed an agreement with other parties regarding the no-confidence motion.
Meanwhile, MP Prasanna Ranatunga stated that the Joint Opposition was in the decision to vote against the no-confidence motion from the beginning.
According to UNP Deputy Minister Nalin Bandara, there is an opportunity to topple the government through a presidential election in a few months.
Minister Vajira Abeywardena says that the government becomes stronger through no-confidence motions that are not based on facts.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023