I won’t sell my conscience for positions: Dayasiri
Dayasiri Jayasekara who was removed as the Deputy National Organiser of the UNP speaking to Daily Mirror online said that he doesn’t understand where the party is headed with acts of revenge.
“Those in power after the election have taken revenge and are continuing to do so, this is the result of me working for the benefit of the party and the people of this country and it’s clear that this is an act of revenge due to my forthrightness,” he said.
Jayasekara went on to state that he wouldn’t sell his conscience for any position or post. “I came to this world with no position and I will leave this world with no position, during this short life span I have committed myself to serve the people and I will do that irrespective of position or place,” he said. He further stated that irrespective of him holding positions people of his electorate in Kurunegala and the country as a whole have endorsed him and for him that mattered the most. “They would never be able to take me away from the people of Kurunegala and this country, the love that the people have for me is not dependent on any positions and that wont change, I will continue to serve my people to the best of my ability and they will provide a clear reply to this act of revenge,” he said.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023