President presides over Deyata Kirula review meeting
President Mahinda Rajapaksa presided over a progress review meeting of construction work relating to the 2012 Deyata Kirula Development Exhibition at Temple Trees yesterday.
At this meeting the members of the Deyata Kirula Organising Committee briefed the President about the progress of permanent building construction work at the exhibition grounds as well as the progress of other development work completed in the highways, irrigation, drinking water supply, housing development, electricity supply and telecommunication sectors and the progress in school development work undertaken to coincide with the exhibition, said a press release by the President’s Media Division.
The release added that the President directed officials to provide all facilities to people in the region through the development work undertaken in Anuradhapura district concurrent to the exhibition and to take steps to develop selected places of worship in difficult areas in the district.
The first ticket of the Deyata Kirula development instant lottery ticket and the admission ticket to the Deyata Kirula Exhibition was presented to the President by chairman of the Development Lottery Chandrawansa Pathiraja.
It was pointed out that most buildings built for the Deyata Kirula Exhibition are permanent buildings which will be used to house government departments and offices after the conclusion of the exhibition. The committee also pointed out that steps have already been taken to solve the drinking water supply problem of residents in Oyamaduwa concurrent to the Deyata Kirula exhibition. Telecommunication and Information Technology Minister Ranjith Siyamblapitiya, secretary to the President Lalith Weeratunge, Mass Media and Information Ministry Secretary W B Ganegala and officials of the Deyata Kirula Exhibition Organizing Committee participated in the meeting.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023