ICC Deputy Chairman Imran Khwaja visits Sri Lanka
Mr. Imran Khwaja, the Deputy Chairman of the International Cricket Council, who is a member of the 3-member committee appointed by the International Cricket Council to look into the political interference in administering the game of cricket in Sri Lanka, arrived in the country yesterday morning (May 10).
His visit is aimed at conducting a ‘Fact Finding Mission’ pertaining to the said ‘mandate.’’ As part of his ‘Fact Finding Mission’ Khwaja held discussions with the President of Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC), Mr. Shammi Silva, and the Executive Committee of the SLC yesterday (May 10).
During discussions with the SLC, Mr. Khwaja inquired about issues faced by Sri Lanka Cricket owing to political interference and the impact it has on administering the game.
Sri Lanka Cricket, in a letter sent on May 8, 2023, to the Honourable Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs and Irrigation, informed him about the visit by Mr. Khwaja to Sri Lanka and his intention to meet the honourable Minister.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023