IGP interdicts Monaragala SSP Sisira Kumara
The Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) of Monaragala, Sisira Kumara who was arrested by the Police Special Task Force (STF) with cannabis plants at his residence has been interdicted with effect from January 10, 2023.
This decision was taken by the Inspector General of Police (IGP) C.D. Wickramaratne, Police Media Spokesman Nihal Thalduwa stated.
Police said he was interdicted under the covering approval of the National Police Commission.
SSP Sisira Kumara and five others were arrested on January 9 with more than 600 cannabis plants grown at his official residence in Monaragala.
Later, the suspect was handed over to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and detained for further questioning.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023