Import tax on powdered milk increased
Port and Airport Levy on imported milk powder has been increased by 10 percent with effect from today (September 22), Trade Minister Nalin Fernando said.
However, the prices of powdered milk in the local market will not be increased following the Port and Airport Levy hike, Minister Fernando assured.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023