‘Impose control price on rice immediately’ – Medium scale mill owners
Owners of small and medium-scale rice mills stated that thousands of rice mills could shut down if immediate action is not taken to impose a control price on rice.
The mill owners stated this at a press conference in Polonnaruwa yesterday (01).
Meanwhile, a special discussion will be held between Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa and sugar importers this afternoon regarding obtaining the required dollars to import sugar.
State Minister in charge of the subject Lasantha Alagiyawanna is also scheduled to join it.
(Source: Hiru News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023