India denies reports that Indian Navy physically attacked Sri Lankan fishermen
The Indian High Commission in Colombo today denied media reports that a group of Sri Lankan fishermen were attacked physically by the Indian Navy, stating that it was blatantly false.
“We deny any such incident having taken place,” a spokesman for the High Commission said.
“The Indian Navy is a highly disciplined and professional force which discharges its responsibilities in an impeccable manner. India is firmly committed to addressing all fishermen related issues between India and Sri Lanka in a humanitarian manner through established bilateral mechanisms and understandings,” the spokesman added.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023