India denies reports that Indian Navy physically attacked Sri Lankan fishermen
Posted in Local News
The Indian High Commission in Colombo today denied media reports that a group of Sri Lankan fishermen were attacked physically by the Indian Navy, stating that it was blatantly false.
“We deny any such incident having taken place,” a spokesman for the High Commission said.
“The Indian Navy is a highly disciplined and professional force which discharges its responsibilities in an impeccable manner. India is firmly committed to addressing all fishermen related issues between India and Sri Lanka in a humanitarian manner through established bilateral mechanisms and understandings,” the spokesman added.
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023