India sitar legend Ravi Shankar dies
Posted in Foreign News
Indian sitar maestro Ravi Shankar has died in a hospital in the US, aged 92.
Shankar was admitted to the Scripps Memorial Hospital in San Diego last week after complaining of breathing difficulties, reports say.
The legendary musician and his musician daughter Anoushka had been nominated for the 2013 Grammy awards in the world music category.
Shankar, who helped bring Indian music to the world, played at Woodstock and the 1967 Monterey Pop festival.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
Lets’ wish he may attain Nibbhana , according to our religion. He also donated another priceless asset to the world her daughter Anoushka Shankar.
Enjoy her expertize in below video chip.