Religions provide a wide contribution for reconciliation – President
The religions provide a great contribution for reconciliation and it is the objective of the government to develop all places of worship and provide welfare to the people said Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa on Monday (10).
The President was addressing Priests of Hindu Kovils and members of the Board of Trustees of such institutions at Temple Trees yesterday to mark the provision of assistance to Hindu Kovils isaldnwide. He also emphasized that under the religious environment people become considerate and gain strength to face any form of challenges.
The government has allocated 75 million rupees for the development of 740 Hindu Kovils this year under the national programme for reconstruction of Hindu Kovils.. At yesterday’s function the President handed over assistance for 15 Hindu Kovils.
The government also provides assistance for the development of Hindu Dhamma schools. Steps have also been taken to provide uniforms to the students attending Hindu Dhamma schools. Upto now this year the government has provided financial assistance to 58 Hindu Dhamma school (Niz)
Source: Government News Portal
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
Mahinda Rajapaksa is a thoughtful and visionary leader. Mahinda Rajapaksa has been drawn into the CJ impeachment morass by cunning RW and Mangala.
Mahinda Rajapaksa has decided to independently verify the findings of the PSC by an expert panel.
Excellent, such care for the constitution of our land and for care of reputation as a nation is a rare quality.
The independent panel should be made up from the legal fraternity supportive of Mahinda Chinthana. With Mahinda Rajapaksa, the ultimate democrat, the decision of the legal panel will be binding.
MR is following good procedure to be seen in the international forum as being truly democratic and just. Where as CJ has been shown to be very corrupt just on 3 out of the five charges. The other charges could not be taken up as the Opposition Party withdrew its members in the PSC to disrupt proceedings. This is contempt of court.