India to supply locomotives, train sets to Sri Lanka
Indian Railways has got the export order of supplying 10 locomotives and six DMU train sets to Sri Lanka. The total size of the order is Rs 700 crore (Indian rupees).
Rail India Technical and Economic Service (RITES), the subsidiary of Indian railways, which has already been working as a consultant in Sri Lanka has got the order.
Indian Railways has already provided locomotives and train set to Sri Lanka and has also undertaken construction of rail lines in Sri Lanka. India’s national transporter has also been supplying rail coaches and locomotives to the neighboring Bangladesh. Indian Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu wants that India should become a major rail technology supplier to other countries.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023