US to make arrangements for a Sirisena – Trump meeting in Washington DC
Vice President-elect of the USA, Mike Pence telephoned President Maithripala Sirisena on December 1 night on behalf of President-elect Donald Trump.
During the conversation, President Sirisena conveyed his best wishes to the new Administration under the leadership of President-elect Donald Trump.
The conversation focused on measures for strengthening bilateral relations between Sri Lanka and the United States in the future.
Vice President-elect Mike Pence informed President Sirisena that they would work towards arranging a visit by President Sirisena to Washington DC for a meeting with President-elect Donald Trump.
The objective of both countries is to ensure the progress of relations between the two countries based on common values of democratic governance and Sri Lanka’s strategic location in the middle of Asia.
Cooperation directed at securing the safety of sea lanes, countering drug smuggling and working together in disaster management as partners was also discussed.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023